Home of the Blue Mango

One stop for insanity.
"If life gives you lemons, squeeze the juice into a water gun and squirt people in the eyes with it."
- This deep thought brought to you from Nina's subconscious.

Tuesday, January 11, 2005

A little run in with our old friend HCl/ Retard in Global Society

Whew...survived O.chem lab today (five hours of toiling).....I really suck at that, who else but me could spill 8 different chemicals on their hands and any other unfortunate expanse of skin that happened to be showing? The whole time I was thinking "I'm too young to DIE!!" Apparently, the novel thing about O.Chem lab 2 is that you get to fiddle around with Unknown Chemicals.....as in they don't tell you what they're giving you, only give it an innocuous letter. I happened to get the clear liquid D....innocent clear liquid D. Of course when I added acid to it (and spilled some on myself of course), it bubbled forth like a freaking volcano over everything and I was left bolting for the sink. Everyone else's liquid was so well-behaved.....happy and content to sit in a beaker. I wonder what the hell my lab TA was thinking "Like hey, I"ll assign him to the unknown of water, and that girl can have Milk, and oh, hey let me give Nina some skin-eroding chemical found in the center of the SUN!" The crowning injustice was when I spilled the product that I'd been collecting for the last four hours......oh yeah, it's going to be a fun semester.

Anyway, my one non-science class is turning out to be slightly interesting.....usually I'm perfectly willing to sleep through another professor's attempts to de-jargonize "globalization", but in this case there's a couple reasons to stay awake: 1) I misjudged the prof.....I thought she really didn't care to explore the myths surrounding globalization but in actuality she has a very diplomatic way of denouncing it, and I can respect that. 2) This complete MORON sitting in the front row whose comments are just begging to be completely destroyed. Honestly, it's impossible for 10 minutes to go by without him opening his pie hole to say "Gee, what's so bad about America stepping in?" or "The IMF is just so darn awesome handing out all this money!" Uh huh, I'm sure Jamaica feels that way, or the other half-dozen countries the IMF has screwed under the guise of "helping." Today, though, I may have gotten carried away. I had to fight to keep the derision in my voice to a dull roar as I reminded aforementioned moron in front row that simply put, not every country can "pick up the pieces" after a legacy of colonization to deal with. And maybe if he'd remove his head from his ass he could see that. Cough. end rant.

Quote of the Day:

“I know all about death.” Suicidal doll

“Yeah? Let’s see what your ass knows about flying!” (kicks him off cliff) Master Shake

Aqua Team Hunger Force


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home