Home of the Blue Mango

One stop for insanity.
"If life gives you lemons, squeeze the juice into a water gun and squirt people in the eyes with it."
- This deep thought brought to you from Nina's subconscious.

Monday, November 22, 2004

58 cents...Don't spend it all in one place

This day....wow. Pittsburgh has done its best to put a damper on my excitement about escaping to New York for thanksgiving....how?...in every way possible. First, I wake up aching all over thanks to a combination of weekly aerobics, and daily workout sessions with my crazed boot camp roomie Patricia, who continually reminds me "Well...you SAID you wanted to go hardcore." And apparently my muscles were still very very pissed off at me for that mile long jog around Phipps Conservatory yesterday and decided to punish me during kickboxing. I walk out of there feeling like shit ran over twice, and probably looking that way too. There aren't words in the english language to describe how bad I look when I come out of that class....shudder. Anyway, despite the lactic acid threatening to melt my insides, I say "No nina, you must go get your paycheck !". This is, of course, "conveniently" located in Chevron....and I got to enjoy the joyous trudge up an almost completely vertical hill.
Ah, but no...the fun doesn't end there! As I get there, I run into a cute guy from SJP (a club I go to when I have time)....and instead of greeting me with hello, he blurts out "Where have YOU been?".... that did wonders for my self esteem really. I was tempted to blurt out "From the depths of Hades!" But no...I swallow the humiliation, and continue into dreaded Chevron to retrieve my well-deserved paycheck from Toni Webber....another obstacle.
"Hey Toni, I'm here to pick up my paycheck." Me
" ...They don't come until the end of the month." Toni
"NOOOOOOOOOOOO!" Me.

Switching to a new color...ah...anyway, I'm in dire financial straights... I have 58 cents to my name!! ...No, I don't lie. I seem to deplete any funds almost as soon as I get them, and I swear I'm not a clothes junkie like my roomates or have a taste for belugian caviar or something. And now....I have to go through THanksgiving ...in New York....with 58 cents! How is this fair? It's not folks.....

And yeah, despite my BEST efforts to not burden my parents, I'm going to have to use their dreaded credit card (that thing is the devil!). Hmph. Nothing ever works out the way I plan it. Groan, now to call the folks and endure the incredulous "We just SENT you money..."....yup, and now its all gone. I think I'm going to play piano today, I need a stress reliever....something angry like Beethoven would be perfect. Cough, this is of course assuming I remember it....uh oh...OH WELL.
("Barber of Seville" from Looney Tunes playing)

Quote of the Day:
Mr. Krabs: Patrick, you're fired.
Patrick: But I don't even work here.
Mr. Krabs: How would you like a job, starting right now?
Patrick: Boy, would I.
Mr. Krabs: You're fired.
Spongebob Squarepants

Okay, I'm going to try to be more positive....here's a wish list::
1. See the Spongebob movie in the very near future.
2. Buy the following DVD's: Aqua Teen Hunger Force season 3, Golden Girls Season 1, Looney Toons Collection, Spongebob season 2....
3. Get a coat whose buttons don't decide to pop off randomly after a month.

That's it, see...that's a pretty modest list right? cough...::nina runs to withdraw 58 cents::
Now I'm gonna take care of some errands, and then enjoy the rest of my government sanctioned holiday!:)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home