Home of the Blue Mango

One stop for insanity.
"If life gives you lemons, squeeze the juice into a water gun and squirt people in the eyes with it."
- This deep thought brought to you from Nina's subconscious.

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Gimme some law school love!

Okay...I've turned into a complete psycho over the past week (not a surprise to some people...). I've tried that whole sitting on my laurels and patiently waiting thing... but it ain't working! I've been spending all my free time stalking the law school forums weaving badly written hypotheticals about the chances of an Indian girl from Cali with an undisclosed gpa/lsat getting into a certain school (NORTHEASTERN!) . In the middle of staving off carpal tunnel syndrome, I also periodically bolt outside my house to check the mailbox every 40 minutes. I keep reading the same descriptions of the same two law schools over and over again, to see if I've possibly missed some pearl of wisdom that would improve my chances. And so...here I am, a week away from leaving for my trip, and unable to do anything but agonize for hours over where I'm going to end up.

It's my future, after all, and here I am waltzing off for five months without even knowing which school I'm going to! How very un-Indian of me. I mean, technically I've forced myself to be on the ball in terms of telling schools that I'm going to be gone, keeping track of my application status, but of course it's all out of my hands now. The Monta Vista grad in me is telling me I should be breaking into these colleges Mission Impossible style, dig up some incriminating info about pple on the admission board, and then blackmail them into submission!

Thus far, I've gotten into five schools and waitlisted at two...
Speaking of waitlisting... what a barbaric, cruel procedure. Waving hope in someone's face when they're really saying "Hey we don't really want you. We're just covering our asses! Sit on it suckers!"

I got waitlisted at my second choice American Washington College of Law...and I haven't heard anything from my first choice Northeastern ...not since their polite little email way the hell back in December saying my application file is complete. What about right NOW, huh? What's my application file doing right this minute? Sitting on a desk? In the trash? Shredded? Framed? Laughed at?

What are the chances of me getting a damn answer, one way or another, in the next 5 days?

Oh yeah, and how fucking CREEPY is it that they have a giant advertisement calling for egg Donors on the Law School discussion forum to "help pay the bills." Right. Please slice me open now. If it gets me admission...perhaps. I'm beginning to scare myself.

Wow, okay, I just saw some lady literally feel up a stack of waffle cones sitting on the counter. Whew...and I thought I had problems.

Okay, back on track. On a non-"my future is hanging on a very precarious thread over a cliff with jagged rocks beneath it" note... my mom's gonna be home from India in a few hours back to her, no doubt, action-filled life in Cupertino. I'm sure she's thrilled to be put back in charge of the store. Perhaps betweem hearing some torrid family drama and watching some Telemundo, I'll be able to chill out a little and break out my "Leaving Cupertino" dance (sort of like the Touchdown dance...but goofier looking.)

I've been a good girl all winter long....so Santa/Vishnu/Random Omniscient Being had better put some gas in their car and bring me some goddamn admission letters. I'm done issuing threats.

Now here's a completely unrelated quote...

Campaign Video Narrator
: "Last year, Abe said he was fifteen. Now he claims to be sixteen. Which is it, Abe? Better keep your stories straight. He'd also like you to believe he's not a baby eater. But he's never gone on record saying he isn't. Maybe he's too busy eating babies!"
-- CLONE HIGH

1 Comments:

  • At 9:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well said.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home